- There will a Swimming and Diving meeting Wednesday, September 2nd in room R127. All swimmers and divers must attend. Parents and anyone interested in joining are encouraged to attend. Information regarding practice, meets, expectations, goals, and fundraising will be discussed. For questions, please stop by R127 to see Coach Colunga.
- UIL Announcement: There will be a meeting for all UIL coaches on Tuesday, September 1st at 4:20 in Lecture Room B. We will be welcoming new coaches, setting the competition schedule, ordering practice materials, looking over changes in UIL policy, discussing our Sweetheart Meet and preparing for the district meet, which will be hosted by MHS this year. Please mark this date on your calendars and make every effort to attend this very important meeting.
- A reminder to all UIL officers: please stop by lecture room B to pick up materials concerning the Fall Rush sometime today.
- Business Professionals of America invites you to attend its first Meeting on Wednesday, September 2 at 4:20 p.m. in Room 112. Come see what it’s all about. (Tuesday and Wednesday)
- The FBLA Officers’ Nomination Meeting will be held Tuesday, September 1, at 4:30 p.m. in Room R108. If you are interested in running for FBLA Office you must: --file an officer application with Mr. O’cana; --get someone to nominate you at the meeting; --prepare a campaign speech. FBLA officer application forms may be picked up in Room R108 with Mr. O’cana. (Monday and Tuesday)
- All students are invited to attend the first Mexican American Studies Club meeting on Wednesday after school in room J-6. A brand new club this year, we will promote Mexican American history and culture in our school and community, volunteer for local events and causes, build school spirit, and much more! If you have questions, or are interested but unable to attend, please talk to Ms. Rojas in J-6. Hope to see you on Wednesday!
- Attention UT Outreach members - The UT Outreach office is now in H-116. If you have changed any of your contact information stop by the UT Outreach Center or email Steve Chapa to update your file. Continue to check your email for upcoming meetings. Seniors, be sure to start on your college application and essays. Thank you and have a great day.
- Teachers - please follow the instructions on turning in the Acknowledgement forms WITH your roster as the cover sheet. Acknowledgement form (green colored paper) is a TWO-SIDED form with TWO different signatures on EACH acknowledgement: One for the Student Code of Conduct Handbook and the other for Acceptable Use Policy. When you are ready to turn in the forms, please use the roster sheet we provided you as a cover sheet.
- First period teachers need to check for dress code violations – especially facially piercings, beards/goatees, and flip-flops.
- Teachers if you need passes, please come by the Dean of Instructions office to pick some up. Do not send a student – they will not be issued to students.
- Buses for Collegiate, Options, and VMHS depart at 8:00 a.m. so students need to arrive early enough to catch their bus.
- Students need to be here before 8:05 a.m. to make it to class BEFORE the tardy bell. Flyers will be distributed to parents after school at the pickup area on Cummings.
- Schedule Changes form are in room A-1 in our counseling department. Please pick up the forms and return them once they are complete.
- Students have a designated parking area on Tom Landry Stadium parking lot on the West side of the parking lot. Only students with a parking permit are allowed to park there. To obtain a parking permit, you must have a Driver’s License, proof of insurance, $10, and the completed application. Please come by the front office to pick up an application. Students have until Friday to obtain a parking permit.
- Teachers arrival time is at 7:45 a.m. Please arrive on time as the gate will be locked at 8:05. Entrance to the parking lot is via Kika De La Garza Street.